Friday, December 28, 2018

The Final Broadcast of Marvels of China: Pathways to the Pacific Rim




It's time, my friends! 

Please tune in tomorrow, Saturday, December 29, 2018 for the final broadcast of Marvels of China: Pathways to the Pacific Rim at 10:30 a.m. Eastern USA Time on 1490 WGCH Greenwich, Connecticut and WGCH.com anywhere.

This month marks the 81st anniversary of one of China's most horrific tragedies in its modern history: the Nanking Massacre. I'm featuring an encore interview with Dr. Ying-Ying Chang, mother of the legendary author the late Iris Chang who authored The Rape of Nanking: The Forgotten Holocaust of World War II. I hope you listen, that we never forget and that the Nanking Massacre be more prominently studied in American history courses. 

The show will feature the Confucius Moment, Treasures of China and Chinese Fun Facts.

There's good news to share, too. You may remember my show interview with Documentarian Rick Quan regarding No Ordinary Joe: The Allen Joe Story. This wonderfully touching documentary will be shown at the Asians on Film Festival January 19-20, 2019 at Monk Space in Koreatown, Los Angeles, California. 

President Trump signed into law the Chinese American World War II Veteran Congressional Gold Medal Act the night before last week's broadcast. At last, approximately 20,000 Chinese American veterans of World War II will be awarded the Congressional Gold Medal. A grateful nation salutes those who served so bravely and those of you who advocated for them and this well-deserved legislation. 

Marvels of China: Pathways to the Pacific Rim started three years ago after I returned from China in 2015. I was a guest of the Chinese government in honor of my late father and his fellow China Marines who served in World War II. The ten days I spent in China witnessing the 70th year commemoration of the end of the war was transformational. This program was one of the most profound accidents in my life and career. 

I am grateful to those of you who have been on the show or with me behind the scenes who made this broadcast a success. Likewise, I am grateful to Beijing AmBridge International Culture Development, Ltd. for having the foresight and vision to underwrite this show. That goes for our other sponsors and advertisers both past and present. 

As a bonus to you I've uploaded tomorrow's show to our archival channel on Podcasts.com in case you cannot listen live in realtime. Click this link and enjoy!

Are we finished? Well, not by a long shot.


Starting Saturday, January 5, 2019 we're starting a new show! Please tune in for Asia Today with Jeffrey Bingham Mead on 1490 WGCH Greenwich, Connecticut and WGCH.com anywhere starting 10:30 a.m. Eastern USA Time. 

We're expanding our horizons to include all of Eastern Asia, Southeast Asia and related communities across America -and even beyond. The colors, textures, voices and the ever-evolving traditions of Asian culture have been taking the world by storm. 

If you know me, I'm looking to have my insatiable curiosity satisfied. You're welcomed -as always- to be a part of this journey. We're always looking for support for this new show. Our aim is to attain national syndication, too. I'm always looking for interesting guests. Please contact me! 

That's a wrap! Stay in touch, be well and best wishes to one and all for a fantastic Year 2019. From the bottom of my heart to yours, thank you! Xiexie! 

Warmest gratitude,

Jeffrey Bingham Mead
Host, Marvels of China: Pathways to the Pacific Rim
AM1490 WGCH and WGCH.com, Greenwich, Connecticut USA
Mobile Phone: 1-808-721-0306
P.O. Box 183, Honolulu HI 96810-0183 USA
P.O. Box 184, Greenwich CT 06836 USA



2 comments: